Saturday, February 7, 2009

25 Things About Me.

(Something I saw on Facebook and thought it would be an interesting thing to do)

1. I share a strange relationship with numbers. Its probably just a block but I swear numbers do something to me. The minute you start talking numbers with me, my mind just blanks out. Completely and totally. If you ask me to calculate 16 times 8 really fast, I assure you, a nine-year-old child will do better than me!

2. I am VERY indecisive. And even when I do succeed in making a decision, there are very rare occasions when I'm convinced its the right one. I like to blame this on my sunsign (Libra).

3. I love to sing and dance. These two things cheer me up no matter what. I truly regret giving up training in both, and I hope to start up at least one of them again some day).

4. I love being around children. This cheers me up too. I find it very hard not to stare at babies when I see them. This has got me some pretty pissed off stares from protective mothers. :)
5. I am a non-vegetarian, but I can live for days without eating meat. I don't miss it. And I can never, EVER eat any meat that looks like what it did when it was once alive (for example, a whole lobster, fish or shrimps with the tail and eyes, or an entire chicken with its legs crossed. UGH!)

6. Sometimes, even an imaginary scenario can make me cry.

7. I am very protective about the people I love. If I see anyone messing around with them, it makes me very angry.

8. I love the sound of an acoustic guitar. I wish I could play more than a few chords, but I could just sit for hours plucking randomly at the strings and listening to the sound. It gives me peace.

9. As a child I had a reckless penchant for sour things (tamarind, raw mango, amla). I always ate too much of it. My mom used to hide the tamarind jar from me, but I always found my way to it, somehow rooting it out almost intuitively from even the best of hiding places. Now, my love for 'khatta' things still prevails, but I think its much more in moderation now.

10. I don't really believe in all superstitions, but I am scared of them. So I like to be superstitious, JUST IN CASE!

11. I am pathetic at braiding hair and tying shoelaces. I am very ashamed of that, and want to learn to do it well before I have kids.

12. I am a die-hard F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan. I refuse to move on like my other friends and watch any other comedy or drama TV series.

13. I love attention and I love being pampered, but only by certain people. When other people do it, I find it just plain embarrassing.

14. My first impressions of people have almost always been wrong. So nowadays, I try not to form any impressions in the first few days.

15. I think almost all the major problems and conflicts in this world can be traced down to the human lust for power.

16. I started cycling again last year after a super long time, and I absolutely love it. Its great exercise and I love the feeling of the wind in your hair.

17. I love listening to the sound of other languages, even if I do not speak them.

18. I currently speak 5 languages, and intend to learn at least 2 more.

19. I hate horror movies. I dont understand why people would actually pay money to watch movies that scare them silly and give them nightmares.

20. I still know the lyrics of almost every Backstreet Boys and Boyzone song.

21. I think my taste in men at the age of 12 was atrocious. I had a poster of Akshay Kumar on my cupboard door and I would kiss it every morning.

22. I like talking to plants and trees. No I am not insane.

23. I also like talking to myself, especially the occasional pep talk now and then. Again, no I am not insane.

24. My dream is to write a children's book one day.

25. I like reading the number plates of cars and guessing which state/city they are registered in. I also learned the Arabic numbers 1 to 10 reading car number plates during a vacation in Dubai.

No comments: